East Matunuck State Beach
From the Hurricane of ’38 through successive storms in 1954 and 1955,
light-weight and well-built structures along this coastline were from time to time swept away. Beginning in 1956 the State Department of Public Works began
acquiring storm-ravaged land by public condemnation. Additional purchases by the state occurred in 1967, and the Division of Parks and Recreation, now in
DEM, built a modern beach facility and took over the care and maintenance of the beach, totaling more than 144 acres.
It is formally known as East Matunuck State Beach.
950 Succotash Road
Fishermen's Memorial State Park
Activities offered at this location:
Operational Hours: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Lifeguard on duty seasonally from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
No animals allowed
Parking: Electric vehicle charging station available for 4 hours
max while enjoying the beach or other facility.The EV station does