Special Event Policy & Process
We want you to have the best time possible at your triathlon, fishing tournament, wedding, family reunion, photography workshop, group fitness class, corporate function, or any other type of large gathering or commercial event. From open air pavilions and picnic shelters to wedding venues and historic facilities, we can help you find a location just right for your gathering.
Special Use Permits are required for these types of events and activities so that State Parks staff can best serve your needs while balancing the needs of other park visitors and the capacity of each park and facility.
Need help getting started?
If are not sure what facility would be appropriate for your event or function or would like general information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have a location in mind?
If you already have a specific park, beach, or campground in mind, we recommend you contact the regional office for that location to confirm if a Special Use Permit will be required, if your date is available, and that the event or function you would like to host is allowed on that property.
Submitting a request
Once you have determined a location and confirmed with the Regional Manager that the date is available, please fill out a Special Use Permit Request Form.
Please keep in mind:
- Plan ahead! Special Use Permit applications need to be submitted at least 30 days in advance and can require much more notice for larger activities that will have a significant impact on the park so please start early.
- Submission of this application DOES NOT guarantee that your event will be permitted.
- You may be required to obtain liability license insurance. We will not permit an event unless this insurance is received no later than two (2) weeks prior to your event. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Along with insurance, your event may be assessed costs for staff, police officers, site and facility fees, OR require a license agreement through the State Properties Committee.
- Applications must be received 30 DAYS IN ADVANCE OF EVENT.